In response to the coronavirus pandemic, MJAF is:
- Distributing masks in the Brooklyn community;
- Assisting other organizations with providing information about safety; and
- Delivering groceries to older adults and people with disabilities; and
- Organizing and providing testing for public housing residents in Brooklyn.
Watch our video to learn more! Learn about upcoming coronavirus response work in the Events section.
We support families affected by gun violence through:
- Emotional and financial support for families;
- Community engagement activities for education and support; and
- Memorial activities.
Learn more about our events through these photos. Learn about upcoming events in the Events section.
We are collaborating with our community partners, local educational institutions, and local politicians on several projects:
- Offering GED completion courses for community members;
- Initiating a reading initiative for young Black men;
- Providing books by authors of color to young men in Juvenile Detention Centers;
- Providing community college tours and application assistance to formally incarcerated youth.
We are currently initiating this project; please contact us to learn more.